Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Acolyte, Released

The uninitiated frequently ask me about Satan, as if I know anything about it. I laugh at these suppositions - we are not The Church of Satan because we worship the devil. What good is belief in the devil? Does that belief not make you another Christian, just another cog in the religious wheel? No. There is no god or devil, except for me.
To understand the church, you must first understand its teachings. My mentor taught me to know these nine basic defining declarations:
  1. indulgence, instead of abstinence;
  2. vital existence, instead of spiritual pipe dreams;
  3. undefiled wisdom, instead of hypocritical self-deceit;
  4. kindness to those who deserve it, instead of love wasted on ingrates;
  5. vengeance, instead of turning the other cheek;
  6. responsibility to the responsible, instead of concern for psychic vampires;
  7. man as just another animal…more often worse than those that walk on all fours, who because of his divine spiritual and intellectual development, has become the most vicious animal of all;
  8. all of the so-called sins, as they lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification;
  9. Satan is the best friend the Church has ever had, as he has kept it in business all these years.
"So what if they think we worship the devil?" he would say. "Let the devil be a symbol for materialism, it's as good as any other. If we really did worship the devil, it would be no different to those people. In the Judeo-Christian mindset, your evolution and freedom are of the utmost of evil. They mistake subterfuge for otherworldliness, depravity for self-denial, weakness for piety, stagnation for redemption."
I could not allow stagnation. Especially his - wouldn't that be hypocritical? I had learned everything I could from my dear departed mentor. Only his teachings remain with me, now.

Follow aggressively your wants. Presently, my wants take me to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment