Monday, March 29, 2010

Subterfuge

I have had some time to consider the situation with my sweet, stupid daughter, and to weigh my options.
At least this much is clear: Leatrix either does not know, or she believes that I do not know who Zillah Grey (whom she referred to as the demon Asmodeus) really is. If she does not know, then Grey has undoubtedly tricked her into believing he is someone he is not. How he managed to convince my progeny, empty-headed as she is, that there is a powerful demon Prince within that pale and broken human body of his is beyond my comprehension. If she does know who he really is, then she must have sent Grey to me as a threat. He's a notorious vampire slayer, and he has in the past staked far older and stronger of my kin than myself without batting a lash, and at every opportunity he gets.
So. Is Leatrix merely baiting me, or is she truly in danger? Is she threatening me with death now unless I give in to her whims... or has the Revenant of East End tangled her in a web she cannot escape?
There is only one way to determine. I shall have to meet with my dear Leatrix again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment